Gamber-Johnson, a leading supplier of rugged computer mounting systems and vehicle mounting components, is a member of the Leggett & Platt Commercial Vehicle Products (CVP) Group. The CVP Group, comprised of industry-leading manufacturers Masterack, Crown North America, and Team Fenex, is part of Missouri-based Leggett & Platt, Inc., a Fortune 500 diversified manufacturer of engineered products serving several major markets.
In business since 1954, Gamber-Johnson has proven to be a pioneer in design innovation over the years. As a result, Gamber-Johnson mounts have been the preferred choice of fleet managers for decades and have been installed in thousands of fleets worldwide. These fleets, found in diverse markets such as law enforcement, public safety, telecommunications, utility and the military, include notable customers like Baltimore Police Department, Pittsburg Police Department, Houston Police Department, FDNY, Virginia State Police, Dominion Resources, PSE&G, BellSouth, AT&T, GE Appliance, PG&E and the United States Army. Gamber-Johnson customers rely on the rugged vehicle mounting systems and docking stations on a daily basis and associate the Gamber-Johnson name with quality, safety and reliability.
Gamber-Johnson customers associate the Gamber-Johnson name with quality, safety, reliability, and innovation, especially since the introduction of the original slide mount in 1976 - a product for use in multiple vehicles that enabled customers to quickly connect/disconnect their radios - and the industry's first universal truck or car laptop mount, the best-selling NotePad™ line, in 1994.
Two major acquisitions in recent years have diversified Gamber-Johnson's product offerings and further solidified the company’s position as the industry leader. The acquisition of Onsite Instruments in 1998, a manufacturer of PC-based data acquisition systems, enabled development of many of the mobile docking stations that are offered today. In addition, the acquisition of Scientific Dimensions (SDI) in 2004 broadened Gamber-Johnson’s commercial mounting product line and strengthened the company’s expertise in mobile docking station design.
Gamber-Johnson is also committed to process improvement and providing growth opportunity for customers and associates alike. In 2001, Gamber-Johnson became the first mounting company to earn certification to the ISO 9001 international quality standard.
Gamber-Johnson’s corporate headquarters is located in Stevens Point, Wisconsin. The company maintains resellers, installers, and OEM partners throughout North America that offer a full line of vehicle mounting systems, computer mounts, and mobile docking stations appropriate for virtually any type of vehicle.
Gamber-Johnson's corporate identity, Very Well Connected, not only conveys the integrity of our mounting systems, but also accurately reflects the way we prefer to do business at every level. For continued growth and prosperity, the importance of being connected to our customers, associates, partners, and suppliers cannot be over-emphasized. From the earliest onset of our relationship, we strive to ensure that our customers experience this level of connectivity at every step, translating into total satisfaction with both products and services.
Gamber-Johnson's mission statement is purposely simplistic, yet discretely sophisticated at the same time. These two words, Joyful Growth, reflect what our company sets out to achieve every day. These four components of our business are where our mission statement is particularly meaningful:
- People - Our primary purpose is to provide superior value to our customers. In doing so we provide growth opportunity for all including customers, associates, partners and suppliers... the people all along the value chain.
- Products - New and innovative products are the lifeline for future growth. In being responsive to our customers' needs we aim to develop products that meet and exceed their expectations.
- Profits - Our customers must profit from the use of our products. By providing our customers with the best experience and value in the industry, the profits needed to be a self-sustained and progressive company will be inherent.
- Principles - The foundation for our company is the principles by which we conduct business. Only by operating under impeccable standards may we earn our customers' highest level of approval... their trust.
At Gamber-Johnson the commitment we make to our customers, shareholders, suppliers, and ourselves is taken seriously. The values and principles we operate under which we operate every day are our customers’ assurance of the relentless pursuit of continual improvement in:
- Customer Satisfaction - Total satisfaction in the products and services we provide is our primary goal.
- Total Quality - Our guarantee to safeguard our customers’ interest through quality product, service, and workmanship.
- Teamwork - This philosophy exists both within and beyond our company and is reflected in our company identity of being Very Well Connected. The relationships we form with our customers, business partners, suppliers, and associates simply allows us to achieve more than working independently and paves the way for meeting our mission of Joyful Growth.
- Innovation - Gamber-Johnson is readily recognized as the leader in product innovation. We will continue to be diligent in our research and design in providing our customers with the best solutions and technology available.
- Honesty - The cornerstone of any relationship. Only by operating under impeccable ethical standards may we earn our customers’ highest level of approval --their trust.